Thursday, June 3, 2010

Math Reflection 2

By Krystle T

1.) What I know about linear relationship is that in the equation y=mx+b is that b is the y intercept which is what you start with on the y axis when on the x axis it's zero. I also know that m is the coefficient of x, which is also known as the rate. This is usually the cost per some type of time, or measurement per some type of time. The x Stands for the independent variable, or the input in an input-output table. They stands for the dependant variable, or the output in the input-output table.
2.)
a.) A table for a linear relationship can be used to solve a problem by the data given and the numbers organised together. A graph for a linear relationship can be used to solve a problem by having the information put on a graph showing the rate the information goes at, and it shows most of the information for the problem.

b.) I have used an equation to solve a problem by plugging in the number of shirts, or number of hours, minutes, and seconds. Then I use the equation to figure out how much that was. If it doesn't ask a cost or something, and ask for how many hours, seconds, or minutes it was for lets say $5 then you would do the equation backwards. For example if the equation was
c=cost
n= number of shirts
equation:
c=$5n
I would work my way backwards if c equaled 30, I would divide 30 by 5 instead of multiplying them to get my answer, 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment