Sunday, June 6, 2010

MR pg. 45


By: Jonah Ogburn

1.) What I know about linear relationship is that in the equation y=mx+b is that b is the y intercept, that is the number or amount you begin with on the y axis when the x axis is at zero. I also understand that m is the coefficient in the equation which means its the rate at which the equation goes up on the x axis. The x Stands for the independent variable, it can also be considered the input in an input-output table. The y stands for the dependent variable, or in the case of an input and output table the output.

2.

a.When using a table to solve a linear equation you can use the organized numbers to see how the equation works.When using a graph to solve a linear equation the relationship can be solved easily by having all the information plotted on the graph and to see how the rate goes up, graphs usually show all the information in a problem. .

b. I have used an equation to solve a problem by plugging in the number of shirts and the number of hours(or any other unit of time). Next I used the equation I just created to solve the equations cost. Say the cost per shirt was 10 dollars then i find out how many shirts were bought, lets say 6. Then i plug in my numbers to the equation.

equation:c=$10n c= total cost n= number of shirts

Finally I would check my answer by working my way backwards if c equaled 60, I would divide 60 by 6 to get my answer 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment